Tuesday, August 24, 2010

I have know idea what I'm doing...
so I'm going to start fresh.

My journey started over 10 years ago,
a lump in my neck,
that kept growing and growing.
soon I could no longer swallow any food or drink.
My weight kept going down and down,
on a good note that would be great.
Soon came all the doctors appointments and
tests and more tests, and more tests.
Biopsies at least 3,
one biopsy I lost my voice for 1 year,
because they nicked my jugular and in that moment
my left vocal cord was damaged.
My voice never has been the same.
The last surgery they put in a trach and stomach tube.
I've had both for 9 years.
To look at me you would not see anything,
other than I wear a scarf around my neck.
I can eat almost anything because my family doc, I had at the time,
encourage me to do so.
That way I would not lose the muscle I had left.
I took it easy at first then kept on going.

So I've been on a quest,
for a more meaningful life.
One thing I know for sure...
there are some fantastic people out there.
Grateful can not explain the blessings I've had.
Maybe if I said 'Grateful' a million times.

That's why I've plunged deeper into my creative life.
I have discovered I have not just one block it seems more like
 a whole wall, preventing me from breaking out.
Breaking free from these chains.

I am so GRATEFUL to Kim Klassen,
she charged me up.
I still feel lost and not sure but the motor is going.
That's a good thing.
Through Kim I joined "Big" with
Connie Hozvicka.
She is so so so incredible.
Can't wait to start.
I like her approach to art.


So onward and upward

I feel a little lighter.....aaahhh
that's a story....I don't... tell... very often.
Thank you for listening...Universe