Sunday, August 1, 2010

Challenge

I have taken Kim Klassens Photoshop course, www.kimklassencafe.com/2010/04/firstgear-photoshop-skinny.htm, really have enjoy it.
So I was thinking I would put it to good use and make a calendar and put some of the techniques in each month, then give for Christmas gifts.  Its so hard to find something to give someone, that you don't know intimately, a thoughtful gift.  I always try and give something I have created in some way, I don't know if they like it, but I thoroughly enjoy a homemade gift.  Them making it with there own hands and with the intent of giving it to me, is so wonderful.
The best gift I have gotten, as of late, was from friends of ours......they were on a road trip up in northern Ontario and stopped in front of a big rock cliff and while one watched for cars......the other SPRAY PAINTED our names on the rocks, " Maurice loves Gail".  Then took a picture of it!!! They framed it and when I received it....well tears filled my eyes.
Reasons: - Just the thought of someone putting that much thought into a gift, just filled my heart with joy.
                - these couple are in there late fifties, the image I see in my mind of them spray painting the rocks and looking out for cars, makes me smile. Wish I had a picture of them in the act.
               - simple inexpensive gift with so much power




Ironically I thought the picture was photoshopped :~)
P.S. They use water based paint